Plumbing Tools You May Need
Plumbing tools are necessary in any kind of plumbing work. The most essential plumber tools consist of different plumbing products ranging from an assortment of plumbing parts such as faucets and plumbing pipe to plumber tape and wrenches. Any plumbing supply warehouse or plumbing store may have the various tools and supplies necessary for the professional or do it yourself plumber.
Some plumbing tools that professional and do it yourself plumbers use are as follows.
- Pipe wrenches are adjustable and have an opening called a "jaw", that is good for working with rounded edge piping.
- Slip-joint pliers are pliers that can be adjusted into two positions to increase the width of the opening of the mouth of the pliers.
- Basin wrenches are wrenches that have long handles and jaws set on a swivel so that the opening of the wrench may reach fixtures and nuts allowing for the fixing of faucets and other apparatus having to do with previously installed sinks.
- Plumbers putty Pliable, popular putty used to seal joints between drain pieces and fixture surfaces.
- Plumbers tape is a thin white tape made of Teflon and used to improve water tight ability of the threaded end of pipe joints.
- Plumber water filters are filters that plumbers use to strain out sediment from water and can be used with any water source in a home.
- A plumber drain is a large pipe that carries waste water and other wastes away from the home and into appropriate places such as septic tanks.
- Plumbing fixtures are those things that are necessary for the complete equipping of a plumbing system, including such items as faucets, sinks, shower heads and toilets.
- A plumbing snake is a long tool that is "snaked" into the piping of a drain or tilet in order to clear a clog. It is designed to work its way through piping and around the bends of pipes to clear away accumulated debris in pipes.
- A plumber pad is a pad that a professional or do it yourself plumber may lay upon or on which he or she can kneel for prolonged work on plumbing.
- Plumber putty is a fixative that doe not harden and is used in the placement of plumbing fixtures such as bowls, faucets, sink frames and can be used for other sealing applications.
- Plumbing vent pipes are an integral part of a plumbing system as they allow the piping to "breathe". Air flow is necessary to equalize pressure in plumbing systems and plumbing vents allow for proper flow of air through the pipes.